2.04.2008

The Mitten


My kids love this book! The last time we read it, the boys decided that we should play hide mommy's white mitten outside in the snow (although, it's really a glove).


Can you spot the mitten in the snow? Caleb said he was going to "stay inside and watch from the window to make sure Jared is safe and sound," which is what the boy's grandma in the book does.

Jared went on a field trip to a children's dentist today. He had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go back--good thing! He mostly enjoyed the video games in the lobby and the fact that the kids get to watch the movie Cars while someone else brushes their teeth.

6 comments:

Nana's Nest said...

I am so glad they make it a good experience for them at the dentist. Even the numming stuff tastes good these days!!

gramma said...

I can remember reading that book to them, but then of course, we never had any snow here so we could act it out. You are so creative!
Jared - your papers today are so very neat. It honors Jesus when you do your best.

A Gift of Grace said...

How fun to act out the story. Jen you have great ideas and carry them out.

emyann said...

How fun! You kids are going to have the best childhood memories!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Hey. I want to watch "Cars" while someone else brushes my teeth! Can I come with you next time, Jared? ;)

(I found the glove... but only after I clicked on the picture to enlarge it!) What a fun game!

~nanashouse~ said...

I should have known you would keep mommy's mitten close to you :-)

You are such a sweet boy Jared! Caleb, thank you for watching from the window. We all need a shepherd :-)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers