Phil
God's goodness overwhelms me at times...especially when I think about how He spared Phil's life last year. I am thankful for such a wonderful husband who loves God and his family as he does. Phil is very patient and wise. He is extremely giving. He is not easily angered. He loves his children, and he is a very capable father (he gives baths and changes diapers!). No matter what trials come our way, his faith remains in tact, unshaken. He is confident in the sovereign hand of God. Sometimes I'm tempted to think of the "what ifs." What if I would have lost him last year? These are sobering thoughts for me. I'm thankful that God has allowed me to share more time with the man I love...time I pray will not be taken for granted.
*Update--2009*
Because of his injuries, Phil was not able to return to work as a Firefighter/Paramedic. God gave Phil an opportunity to follow a new career path and use his previous medical experience. He was accepted into the University of Washington School of Medicine's Physician Assistant program in January of 2007. He'll complete the didactic portion of the program in the Spring of 2009 and then enter his year of clinical rotations in the Fall of 2009, working in various hospitals and clinics.








4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm crying! I too am so thankful for Phil. He is the best!
Grampa, Corinne and I are also deeply touched by your tribute to Phil. God has truly blessed him in so many ways, one very important way is giving him you to share his life with. Just this morning as I wathced him patiently discipline Jared during Sunday School I had to say to him, I could relate to him, because 30+years ago I struggled with a child like that, and now he is such a responsible, patient, Godly father.
What a wonderful tribute you paid to your husband. I'm glad God gave you such a Godly man, and spared his life a year ago. His mercies are indeed new every morning.
Oh, my friend- I don't know how I missed this, but what a story! I'm so proud of him right along with you! And you are amazing. May God continue to bless your sweet family. xo
Post a Comment