Jared's Ice Skating Adventure

Jared's class went ice skating this morning. He loved it! I did, too. It was much easier on my back than the last time we went. 
This skating arena had little bars for the kids to hold onto. Just look at him go!

We played around on the ice for little while, and then his class had a skating lesson. 
Toward the end of the lesson, the kids were told to push their bars away from them and skate back to their bars. These bars slide easily on the ice, and Jared gave his a BIG push. The nervous mommy in me wanted to skate over and move it a little closer, but he did it! He skated all the way back to his bar. He got a strawberry milkshake with lots of whip cream for that, of course!





3 comments:
What an exciting opportunity for Jared! I'm so thankful you were able to get so many pictures...incredible what a body will do for a strawberry milkshake with lots of "whoop" cream.
I wish they had those bars for me to hold on to. Then maybe I would go ice skating again. :0)
I was just watching something on Fine Living today about little kids learning to ice skate. I had never seen those bars before. I remember skating when I was younger. I loved the smell of the ice rink and the freedom of gliding on ice--until I fell on my bottom!
Post a Comment