9.16.2008

Waning Days of Summer

I decided to start school with Jared when Phil goes back to school on Sept. 22. This has given us a few more days to enjoy the summer as a family. This morning we drove out to a couple of orchards to pick peaches and apples. I had plenty of good help! Caleb was such a big boy to hold the box for us.

One of the orchards had a little store and a great playground. It was a nice place to stop and enjoy lattes, brownies, lemon bars and apples...mmm!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but we had a yard sale on Saturday. One of the things Phil and I wanted the kids to do was go through their toys and get rid of the things they no longer play with. You can imagine how that went over. To sweeten the deal, we mentioned that Chuck E. Cheese would be a great place to go with the money we make from selling their old toys. BINGO! We had a few boxes filled in no time.

Phil and I are getting pretty good at this Chuck E. Cheese business, by the way! We printed out a coupon for a large one-topping pizza, four drinks and 35 tokens for only $19.99. On their website he also found an "I Brushed My Teeth for 2 Weeks" incentive chart, worth 10 tokens if brought in completed. Four kids + sparkly, white teeth = 40 tokens! We've also learned which games pay out the most tickets and we encourage the kids to play those games.

Time to spend our tickets and go home for naps!

4 comments:

gramma said...

Any pictures of the yard sale? I'd love to see what they parted with.

A Gift of Grace said...

I am impressed Chuckee Cheese experts

jenny said...

No pictures, sorry.

Basking in the Son said...

Of course with more tickets, that means more stuff that comes home and the cycle continues. :)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers