9.12.2008

Co-op Update

We made these apples and plotted them, by color, on a graph.

We also made these apple bushel puppets. We talked about the letter "A" today. When you open his mouth, he says the short vowel "A" sound...Aaaaaaaaaaa.


Well, Friday morning has come and gone. We had our first preschool/kindergarten co-op here this morning and it went extremely well. I wanted to mention it here, because I know that several of you had offered to pray for us. We had 18 kids and 6 moms here! I had my camera out on my easel ready to take pictures, but the morning got away from me. I wasn't able to get many pictures of the kids.

Here's a little info about what we're going to do: We'll start off with circle time, which will include songs, a story and a Phonics lesson. Then we'll divide the kids into groups by age and they'll go to different stations to work on activities. Every week we'll have a different theme (this week's theme was apples), and all of the activities will correlate with that theme.

I planned the activities for today so the other moms could get a feel for what we'll be doing. Next week we'll talk about leaves, and 2 moms volunteered to come prepared with activities for when we break up into groups. What a blessing for me! We had a wonderful picnic lunch together and then the kids played until it was time for them to leave. It was a perfect day!

2 comments:

gramma said...

We are praising the Lord with you for such a successful first day of your new 'ministry'.

emyann said...

Jen, I am so happy the kids had so many friends come over to play with. Sounds like you are having a great time!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers