9.08.2008

God's Goodness to Me

Last month I attended a home school co-op meeting at church. There I sat in a room with very talented moms who offered to teach painting, pottery, knitting, cake decorating, music, sign language, Spanish, P.E., etc. I left the meeting feeling very discouraged, because I couldn't think of anything to contribute to this group. I don't do any one thing exceptionally well. I'm a teacher, but these moms needed extracurricular activities for their children. Phil told me not to be discouraged, but to pray about it, because I am who God made me to be.

Within the next couple of weeks, something just kind of fell into my lap. A couple of friends approached me. One asked for advice on how to teach her 4 year old daughter to read, and another needed ideas and activities for her preschool-aged children. The answer was so obvious!

This Friday I'm hosting my first preschool co-op right here in my home. So far we have 16 children! One of the moms taught preschool before she had kids and she's very excited to contribute. I have no idea how big we'll get, but I'm so excited to start this! I'm also very thankful for the opportunity to share our beautiful yard and play structure with other moms and their children.

5 comments:

Nana's Nest said...

Jen that is wonderful news! Before I got to the "news" your statement.."I don't do one thing exceptionally well"! I was shocked, I can see ALOT of things you do exceptionally well...anyways doing a preschool co-op and using your God's gift of talents it's going to be wonderful. God Bless You!!!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Isn't God good!?!? I have to agree with "Nana's nest". I am always reading your blog and thinking to myself "Jen inspires me."
I will remember you in prayer this Friday as you start this new thing in your life.

~nanashouse~ said...

Great Jen!

I will be the invisible "fly on the wall" sitting in on this meeting and gleaning from your experience. I love you :-)

maryellen said...

What a wonderful opportunity for you! Those 16 children are very blessed to have you heading this up! You are an excellent teacher/mother. Have fun this Friday! I will look forward to hearing all about it!

A Gift of Grace said...

Ditto to Nana's nest.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers