Bowl and Pitcher Hike

This morning we drove out to Bowl and Pitcher State Park. It's just a couple of miles from our house. We had to cross this swinging bridge to begin our hike through the woods.
Once we were over the bridge, we sat down and drew the bridge in our journals.
Off we go into the woods. For some reason, all but Lily wanted to veer off the path and explore. They definitely take after their daddy!
Lily and I took our time while the others went on ahead.
A few tired hikers waiting for lunch.
We enjoyed snacking on the yummy maple cookies we made after dinner last night.
Phil taught the kids to find a tree and stand by it if they got lost. Here's Gracie standing by her tree and praying. Not a bad idea!
The kids played in this "cave" after lunch. It was a nice, cool spot to rest.
Gracie did so well on the hike. She was very sure-footed!





4 comments:
Looks like a glorious day out! Reminds me of "Hind's Feet on High Places"
What an exciting, wonderful day! I love all the pictures, and the park looks like a great place (too rocky for this old lady tho) My favorite moments are Gracie praying behind the big tree, and Lily on her tummy on the big rock by the water.
I definitley want to do this when I come visit!
Looks like a fun field trip.
Post a Comment