9.25.2008

Happy Autumn from Spokane!

I can't wait to put pumpkins out on my front porch! I love to watch my kids pick out their pumpkins every year. The pictures are always so breathtaking! There's just something about bright orange pumpkins and a gorgeous blue sky in the background. Blue and orange are complimentary colors on the color wheel, you know. Just ask Caleb.

Autumn has definitely arrived here in Spokane! The weather is cooler (just this week, in fact), and the leaves are starting to turn; however, we have more dead pine needles than brightly colored leaves to rake in our yard. Phil and Jared started school on Monday. Things are going well for both of them. I took all 4 kids to Jared's dentist appointment this morning. They all did quite well. Caleb, Grace and Lily read books and played video games for almost 2 hours while I wrote lesson plans for next week.

Tomorrow morning we'll have our preschool friends over for Pancake Day, and then my sister Emily and her friend Arthur will visit us this weekend! I'm off to get the kitchen set up for Lily. She wants to bake oatmeal cookies after her nap. Yum!

3 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

I'm glad the kids were good for you this morning. I remember trying to keep everyone happy during those long dentist appts. I hate to sound old (but I am) but we didn't have video games back in the day!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! Two hours at the dentist? Poor Jared! :( oh, and poor you. :)

jenny said...

Emily,

He had cavities filled, but we arrived an hour early so he could drink his "juice" and they could monitor him while he played in the waiting room. He wasn't "in the chair" for 2 hours.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers