Guess I won't be planting any bulbs this fall...

...or, "How I Almost Died in WalMart Today!"
That was the other title over which I was vacillating.
Here's what happened...I was looking at bulbs in WalMart this morning, and all of the sudden, my neck started to itch. I rubbed it, and continued to look at the bulbs. Then my neck started to feel prickly, so I rubbed it some more. Then I started wheezing. My thought at that point was, "hmm--this is the sensation I get when I eat too many dried apricots. AHHH! this is the sensation I get when I eat too many dried apricots! I'm having anaphylactic shock!"
At this point, I could hardly breathe, because my throat was closing up. I went to the health and beauty aid section and found a mirror. I literally watched my neck turn from red to PURPLE! I zipped up my fleece so no one could see my neck, quickly paid for the items in my cart, and ran to wash my hands and neck. I don't know if it was from touching the daffodil, hyacinth or tulip bulbs. It took about 10 minutes of being outside in the fresh air before I started to breathe well again. I know...could this get any more dramatic? Probably not. And why did I stop to pay for my items? I have no idea. People do strange things when they're dying.
So I'm not going to plant bulbs this fall.





7 comments:
Oh goodness...I've experienced the very same reaction to PineSol and various other household cleaners. Lucky for you it has to do with the external. The household cleaners that claim to be toxin free also do not clean or leave a residue :-( Just ask Lizzie, she'll tell you :-(
Oh My! I'm glad the washing and fresh air helped and you didn't end up in the emergency room! Yeah, I think I'd skip planting bulbs.
Wow, I'm glad that you are okay. I'm guessing you didn't have any kids with you.
What a story Jenny! I can't believe you remained soooo calm! I think I would have been freaking out! Faith has severe allergies and we carry an epipine for her. Maybe you should invest in one!!!
Auntie Patty said you should carry an Epi Pen.
Scary!! I am so glad that it turned out to be a happy ending:) No bulbs for you..no maam.
Jenny, you have the strangest allergies.:) I used to allergic to chocolate when I was a kid. I'm not kidding. I grew out of it.
Post a Comment