9.30.2008

Ouch!

I was scheduled for oral surgery this morning. I had a tooth extracted, and bone and connective tissue grafting done--not fun!

I'm so thankful for family and friends who helped take care of me, Phil and the kids. My sister Emily drove over from Seattle to watch the kids for us. Lizzie sent a package with with these beautifully wrapped canisters of tea.

My friend Brooke brought dinner. Here's a picture of her delicious streusel-topped pumpkin bread.

I had ordered these for school and they came in the mail today. What could be more comforting than pumpkin bread, spiced tea and reading Little House picture books while one recovers?

Last, but not least, here's the culprit. This tooth has been impacted, hiding up in my nasal cavity since childhood.

10 comments:

gramma said...

I am finally able to get around a bit today, so I am trying to catch up on your blog. What a sight! Yuck! I'm sorry I did not know about it or I'd have had the tooth fairy deliver you something special. Love & Hugs!

Sue said...

Goodness! Certainly with that thing gone you will be feeling better soon. No fun but sure to be worth it in the long run.

~nanashouse~ said...

I tried to check in with you this morning but I had to leave a message. You are in my prayers :-)

Rachael said...

Ouch!!! That tooth is sending chills up my spine...I hate going to the dentist! I have a big hole in one tooth where the filling has "left the building" via a piece of gum, BUT since it's not hurting and we don't have dental insurance...there it sits. Anyway, maybe I should schedule an appointment today (?)...glad everyone is taking good care of you! :)

Nana's Nest said...

I agree with Rachel..CHILLS. I have two broken teeth that need to be pulled.....hum not bothering me today!

Basking in the Son said...

Yikes, is it a baby tooth or what? I've never heard of such a thing. I love the Little House picture books!

jenny said...

No, it's not a baby tooth; although, I still have the baby tooth where this one should have come in. :{

They literally pulled this thing out of my nose, but they went up through my palate to get it...just in case anyone was wondering why I didn't answer my phone today.

Basking in the Son said...

Were you awake during that? Sounds very painful!

jenny said...

Michele,

Yes. I was awake but I was heavily drugged, so I don't remember pain, just the procedure.

What's hard for me now, is that I can't take my pain meds because I have to stay awake and alert to keep an eye on the kids. We had another 2 hour dentist appointment for Jared this morning and I had to be able to drive. Tylenol just doesn't cut it, but it's all I can take. Sigh...

Unknown said...

Poor Girl! Sounds like you got blessed though the day that it happened.
A little advice for the "Metcalf family". I had a filling that fell out and didn't have enough money to go get it fixed , nor did I have insurance. I ended up several months later going in for an emergency root canal because I was so sick. In the long run it ended up costing me way more money because I had to get it done or I would have been one sick girl. At the time I was teaching preschool up in Seattle and my boss made me go, infact he took me to my appointment because I was so sick. It is amazing what one little tooth can do to your body. FYI, I taught at a Christian school/daycare and my boss was like a Dad to me. :)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers