Scissors, Stabbings and Snow

We HAD to get out today! Okay, I had to get out today. With all of our regular family activities (church and school) cancelled, we've been feeling a little cooped up here at home. Since schools are cancelled for the week up here, I thought it might be a good idea to have some school activities on hand. We tried a few this morning, and here's how it went...as I had Caleb on my lap helping him with something, Lily let out a scream because Gracie had grabbed Jared's scissors and was stabbing the top of Lily's head with them. By the time I was able to get Caleb off of my lap and reach across the table to grab the scissors from Gracie, she had opened them and was trying to cut the hair off of the top of Lily's head. This is one of the many reasons I discourage myself from homeschooling.
Mmmm...snow! I do feed my children.
Can you see Lily's little head as she trots up the driveway?





10 comments:
phew...I was worried as I was reading the scissor story...glad it ended okay. :) Have fun in your winter wonderland!
That snow is incredible!!! It makes me cold to look at those pictures. I see you now have a cat:-) Phil, did you shovel all those piles? I'm having trouble getting my bearings. Is that blue van driving on the street, or is the street completely covered? (p.s. Glad you were able to rescue Lily's hair --this time --it will happen again you know)
This either means Gracie will do hair or brain surgery when she grows up!
EEK! That looks cold! Maybe its a good idea plane tickets are expensive right now!
I had so much fun talking to Grace in the phone tonight. She has so much to say!
Hey mom, the blue van is parked on the side of the street but is completely snowed in at this point.
Phil
from Grampa - Just think how many snow cones you could make . . .and if you sold them for $1 you could be debt free (maybe the national debt even)
Sure, you feed your children. ;) Must be the same thing I'm feeding mine- they love to eat snow, too!
I wanted to answer your question from my place... of course you may share the prayer calendar! I was hoping it would bless some of you ladies as it has blessed me.
(((Jen)))
I can't believe how much snow you have! We just got a little compared to you. We have been snowed in too and I have had some major cabin fever. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love checking in here and I am so encouraged by your thoughts and life. Have you thought more about going to the Above Rubies retreat??
We have cabin fever too!!! No snow, just bitter cold and only one vehicle for going on 3 weeks now. Steven was out of town today, and I'm thinking about being ready to leave the house the minute he walks in the door. ;) Only problem is, I have no money and I don't where I would go, really. Sigh... Wish you were here to go out with.:)
Your snow pictures remind me of when I was a little girl and we lived in Colville, Washington. We had that much snow from the end of October to March or so.
Post a Comment