1.19.2008

A Day at the Office


...the doctor's office, that is. We spent our entire morning in a doctor's office. Phil's class did their pediatric practice exams today. Each student had to examine 2 children, so our kids, among the other students' kids, were "models" for these exams.

The kids were paid $5.00 for each exam. Jared and Caleb each sat through 3 exams, and the girls sat through 2 exams. So yes, our kids made $50.00 today! They had a great time running around with the other kids, watching movies and coloring while waiting for their "appointments." At one point, I found Gracie in an elevator pressing buttons, and speaking with someone over the intercom. YIKES! I'm just so thankful that the doors didn't close with her inside. She was only out of my sight for less than a minute. Boy these kids move fast!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to take my kids to your Doctor. We never come home with $50. Seems like we end up forking over $50 and coming home with a sickness that we didn't have until we went to the Doc's. :)

gramma said...

I'm impressed that they would each sit still through several exams. Did they know about the money - was that their incentive? Of course not!!! They are just great kids. Did they earn enough to have lunch out on the way home?

~nanashouse~ said...

I want to know what they are going to spend their money on :-)

Basking in the Son said...

Gracie is such a hoot. I'd love to get to know her in person, along with the others as well. That is so cool that you MADE money at the doctor's office. Can we come over for exams? Dylan says to tell you that he loves your music.

jenny said...

I'm going to take the kids to Barnes and Noble to spend their $$$money$$$.

tyler said...

What a great experience for ALL of you. I bet Jared was helping during his time with the Doctors. Continue to make memories kids.
Dad

Lizzie said...

Our medical school does stuff like that too. I just love Grace, that would've been great to see. They are going to have so much fun spending their money.

Amy... said...

What a great way to get your kids to love going to the Doctor!

Parker and Gracie would get a long great:)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers