Our Dilemma
We took down our horrid fluorescent light fixture in the kitchen to replace it with softer track lighting. This is what we found underneath the old light fixture. We decided to touch it up with the green paint left by the previous owners. Phil brought in the paint and used a little bit behind the kitchen door. Look what we discovered:
Yikes! The green paint that was left behind is the green on the cabinets...not the walls! So it's off to Lowe's!
Two and a half hours later, Phil came home with these and said, "Here, pick one."
What do you think? I'm thinking it's Spring Eve on top. Anyone want to help me out and vote for one? I tried to take the picture with the flash, but it made the wall look white. Hey! That would have been much easier...white walls to begin with!





9 comments:
Oh NO!!! since you are probably going to end up having to repaint the whole kitchen by the time you're done, might as well pick the color you like best. (If I had to vote I'd go with spring eve - and Grampa says he's staying out of this one so you'll not get a vote from him.
But Grampa loves to paint! Send him up here for a week or so, and we'll give the job to him. We'll even throw in the sandpaper--lots of it!
I love to paint too when I don't have to hurry :). I think the Spring Eve too but I am with Gramma - if you have to redo the whole thing pick exactly what you like.
Spring Eve--paint dries just a tad darker.
I'm all for Gordie "visiting" for a week. That's my vote.
I vote for the Spring Eve, but I agree with everyone else that it probably won't match exacty and you'll have to do the whole thing anyway. Then you'll have to paint the cabinets, then the living room will look like it needs it too... I think you'll need Uncle Gordie for more than one week!
Ok Jen, Spring Eve seems to match, but like everyone else, I don't think it will match perfectly. But I do have another idea.....Paint the area with the Spring Eve in a nice rectangle or maybe even an oval and then where the two greens meet, paint a decorative stencil or other decorative painting to break up the edge of the greens. Then the new green won't stand out or else is will look like it is on pupose and the decorative painting will add some interest to the ceiling. Depending on what you pick, you could even add the same decorative touch to your cabinets. If you want some help, let me know. I'm pretty good at this stuff.
I agree with them all but your friend, funny farm has the right idea. If that's too much work, paint it the color you like the most....it's never ending! I have NO white wall either
I think you're right. Definately the top color, Spring Eve. I really like that color. I have recently added green to my list of favorite colors which include yellow and red.
O.K. now, Grampa sys he really likes "Funny Farm's" idea even if you only go as far as a rectangle or oval for now. Just make your edges straight and it will look 'decorative'
Post a Comment