Old Friends

We still have many, many boxes to unpack from our move, but one thing we were able to do this afternoon was unpack several boxes of books. As I unpacked these boxes, it reminded me of the feeling I would get as I sorted through our boxes of baby clothes in order to get ready for the next baby, ooh-ing and aah-ing. Most of our books have been packed away for over 6 years. It was good to see them again. They're like old friends to me.
I doubt Phil feels the same way about some of these textbooks, though. By the way, Phil wanted me to mention to all of the former Meteor Ranch staff that he ran into Steve Hubbard at Bible study last night.
This is totally off the subject, but I just had to post this adorable picture taken yesterday of Caleb. He loves wearing his Daddy's snow boots.





10 comments:
Ahh, the joy of unpacking!!
When do you begin to cataloge them?
Jenny please tell me that Caleb is wearing yellow on the front of his t-shirt.LOL Dad
It's Dad again.
I just noticed something, is that a dishwasher that Caleb is leaning on? Thank you Lord for those modern conveniences. Jenny even I do dishes now (we have one too!!!!)
Jared, good work on that 'M' paper. I love looking at your school work. Caleb, Grampa has some boots just like that. If he were there you two could go out trudging in the snow.
We feel the same way about books. I want to hear more about running into Steve Hubbard.
I went to the mid week service at Calvary chapel in Spokane on the way to the gym. I was standing there singing when I looked over and a few rows back I sawSteve Hubbard sitting there. After the service I went over and talked to him for a bit. He lives up here in a group home near his mom. He rides the bus to church where he volunteers vacuuming and cleaning 2-3 days a week. He asked me to tell everyone Hi. He still has a great memory but he is definitely looking older.
Books are like old friends to me too! They take me back to the times I read them all the things I went through during those times...good and bad!
Are those actually all YOUR books? I thought you had taken a picture at the library. You may have even more books than me!
Actually these pictures were taken yesterday. Now the shelves are completely full, but we still have several more boxes to unpack.
Steve Hubbard! That's too funny. I'm surprised the conversation wasn't longer. As I can recall - he could TALK!!
Karen, Phil said the conversation was PLENTY long!
Post a Comment