1.23.2008

Has This Ever Happened to You?

Warning: you're supposed to say, "No, Jenny, of course not! Stuff like this only happens to you." I want pity here, okay?

While I was giving my girls a bath tonight, Jared had a terrible bloody nose. It was one of those where dark red blood gushes out of the nose and mouth all over the place. While helping him, I glanced over to the tub and noticed poop floating around in the tub with the girls and their bath toys! YIKES! I grabbed the girls, and they ran off undressed and un-potty trained. You can probably see where this is going. After I cleaned Jared up I took care of the tub, the toys and the floating objects, refilled the tub and then called the girls to get back into the tub. Surprisingly, they came the first time I called.

A few minutes ago (it's about 10:00 p.m. now) I went downstairs to turn off the light in the playroom. It was there I noticed a large wet spot on the carpet. You guessed it! It was only sitting there for about 4 hours. YUCK! We have hardwood floors in every room of our house except for in the playroom downstairs. I'm laughing about it, but I would still welcome your comments of "Wow...nobody has it as hard as you," etc.

8 comments:

Lizzie said...

Mom has had it like that. When I was little one of my favorite things to do after a bath was to pee in the closet. I did it every time in the same place. But I love your story, nothing like poop floating in the tub.

gramma said...

Now, what was it you wanted to hear? "No, Jenny, of course not. Stuff like that only happens to you" Now I'm outa' here--cause I can see a line of poop stories on the way

~nanashouse~ said...

O.K. Jen~~Lizzie already gave you the wet spot story. Now with 5 children and 9 grandchildren did you really think I wouldn't have a poop story?? That's what wire mesh strainers are for. Silly you, yours is in the kitchen ;}

emyann said...

Nope! Can't say those things happen to me! Only when babysitting. But I had a hard day at work yesterday, so maybe it was just one of those days!

Nana's Nest said...

Well Jenny as I was saying in my previous comment, LIFE COULD REALLY BORING.....hum if I ever get to come to your house I WILL be looking for the strainer for sure!!!LOLOL got a good laugh

The Crazy Hours said...

We always used a fish net to get the poop. We still have it under the sink just in case. However, even with five kids (one who was famous for frequent bloody noses), I never had all that happen at once. So I think you deserve sympathy!

A Gift of Grace said...

You are amazing!

Sue said...

I'm sure my days are coming as the twins get older. I have had similar events but only with the older two boys. It's so insane sometimes you just have to laugh. Keep your sense of humor and keep on, my friend! And, Jen, no one does have it (that I know) as hard as you. You keep me encouraged:)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers