Caleb's Special Time


Caleb's my little night owl. He still needs his afternoon nap to make it through the day, but it means that he's up a little bit later than his brother and sisters. Every Saturday night I make mini blueberry muffins for our Sunday morning breakfast, and sometime in the evening my sweet boy will wander out of his room to join me in the kitchen for a muffin and a cup of milk. Our little tradition started about a year ago. One night, while in his bed, he could smell muffins baking. I found him peeking into the kitchen and I couldn't resist offering one to him. Now we call it our Special Time.





5 comments:
I love your "special time"! When you've got a houseful of kids those times are hard to come by, but they are so important for both Mom and little one (or even teenager). Caleb is such a cutie!
Oh Caleb, When I was a little girl I would go into the kitchen with my grandpa and he would make "special toast". It was toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar. That is not so special, but sharing it with my Grandpa was "so special". Enjoy :-)
What sweet pictures of a special boy's special time. I miss him (them) so much!
What a great way to spend time him. Sounds like he has the Wilcox night owl gene.
Michele, did you recognize that little plate? I think it was yours. I bought it at your parents' yard sale.
Post a Comment