11.30.2007

Nobody told me...


Nobody told me that being a mama would do this to me--that I would understand God's unconditional love just a little bit more; that my children would have me in stitches one minute, frustrated the next; that at times this fierce love I have for them would wring my heart so and hurt like anything; that I would see Phil in their sweet little eyes and love him in a much deeper way; that I would pray more fervently; that during those sought after moments of peace and quiet, I would spend that time thinking about them, dreaming dreams for them, talking about them, and even shopping for them.


Jared, I love to watch you protect your little brother and sisters. I love how much you love Jesus and want to be "on His team."


Caleb, I love how you want to "suggle" with me all the time. I love making your stuffed animals talk to you at bedtime, and how you talk back to them as if they were your best friends.


Gracie, I love to hear you talk. I'm starting to understand your words now. I love to watch you color...how did you learn to hold pencils and crayons correctly?


Lily, I love your sweet, quiet spirit. I love to watch you walk around the house in your little play heels and hats. I love how you can stain every piece of clothing imaginable!

7 comments:

The Funny Farm Family said...

Even if someone had told you, would you have believed them or truely understood? Being a mom has shown me what a child I am in God's eyes.

Rebekah said...

Jen, It's the most amazing thing in the world, isn't it? I fear that it will slip by too quickly, but at the same time I look forward to seeing who God shapes them into being as they get older.

~nanashouse~ said...

what perfect descriptions of your children! do you wonder what is going through caleb's mind in that picture?

emyann said...

Jenny, this is such a sweet post!

Stephanie said...

Awwwww, you make me wanna cry. :)

Rachael said...

Okay- so I just realized something fun. Caleb is our boy name for this baby! Shhhh...don't tell anyone. :)

The Crazy Hours said...

They all look great. we miss them and u! when are you moving back to california.
love,
crystal and makayla

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers