So Far, So Good





Phil has a very long day today. He left the house at 5:30 this morning and won't be home until 7:00 this evening. This makes for a very long day for the rest of us, but the Lord has blessed us with a calm morning and a beautiful sunny sky! It was still 40 degrees outside at lunch time, so we'll save our morning walk for this afternoon.
I spent the majority of my morning in the kitchen--first, putting stew in the crockpot for tonight, and then just sitting on the kitchen floor with the kids. We had tea parties, played dollhouse, Play Doh, cars, Lego, and fed baby dolls. I got a kick out of Lily! She escaped into her room and came out in high heels and her baby's diaper bag. I followed her around the house with the camera, because it's so sweet to see this side of her. Gracie has always nurtured her dolls, but Lily has always chosen to play with her brothers or help her daddy fix things around the house. She snuggles her baby doll now, feeds her in the little high chair by spooning imaginary food into her doll's mouth and rocks her while singing "Rock-a-bye Baby."





4 comments:
Thank you for being such a good example of remembering to have fun with our children.
So, tell me truthfully...can you still jump up from the kitchen floor without any aches and pains?
I'm a bit slower than I used to be, but I was thinking today that it's not as bad as trying to do this 2 years ago with the girls' due date a couple of weeks away. Remember how hard it was for me to get around toward the end? Ouch!
I can't believe how much she looks JUST like you!
Post a Comment