11.05.2007

Giving Thanks

I'm very thankful for the time I was able to spend with my friend Emily in Seattle this weekend. I'm also thankful for Emily. I love having good Christian friends. Visiting with her was like a breath of fresh air! We went to bed early, slept in, shopped, ate, visited friends, went to her church, drank coffee, and sat and talked at a beautiful park overlooking the Space Needle.

I'm thankful for my children who were so happy to see me when I got home. Caleb has been catching up on hugs and kisses since I've been home. He pats my face and tells me that he missed me. He said, "Days we didn't talk; today we'll talk." Jared told me that things weren't the same without me.

But Phil wins the prize! I can't thank God enough for the wonderful husband He's given me. Phil took such good care of things while I was gone. The house was clean, the kids were clean, he took them to church and out to lunch by himself, he made blueberry muffins on Saturday night like I always do so breakfast is easy on Sunday morning (I almost bought blueberry muffins for them, but decided he might just feed them Cheerios), and he also fixed the car because it didn't pass the smog check last week. I took the car in this morning to get it checked and it passed! Good job, Phil.

We had a "drive-thru" kind of morning: drive-thru smog check, drive-thru bank deposit, drive-thru McDonald's for our picnic at the park, drive-thru car wash, and, since I was on a roll, drive-thru Starbucks! How could I resist? It was right across the street from the car wash. We ran all of these errands in the car! Mothering 4 small children has never been easier (I think).

10 comments:

emyann said...

I could use a coffee right now! Caleb is such a sweet boy!

gramma said...

what a blessing to hear your praises!

Stephanie said...

Did you take any pictures in Seattle?

Basking in the Son said...

I'm so in awe of Phil!!!! He has come a long way since his "dishes in the sink for months" days.

One thing about the rainy northwest, we know how to do drive-thrus!

jenny said...

Michele, it was years, not months!

James said...

I'm all for those drive-thrus. Love'um. Especially the bank. And no need to wake a sleeping kid for a quick errand. There is even a drive-thru convienence store in CDA by Costco. You actually drive your car through the building and the attendant get you whatever you want.

~nanashouse~ said...

I hate to sound like an old lady, but we didn't have drive thru anything when I was raising four children!

jenny said...

Mom, I remember going to drive-thru banks and full service gas stations.

Basking in the Son said...

I was thinking it was years, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and changed it to months.
I guess he just needed the right motivation. :)

Monica said...

Sounds like a great place to get away to, and a great family to come back to. I'm glad you got the well-deserved time off! Did you do any antiquing?

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers