Anne
Tonight our local PBS station will air part 1 of the Anne of Green Gables series. Part 2 will air next weekend. I wish my sisters were here to watch it with me. Liz, what snacks shall I prepare for the evening? Raspberry cordial? I'll pass on the chicken salad (mostly because of my aversion to mayonnaise).
Watching Anne always makes me miss my friend, Katie, from Jr. High. Our weekend sleepovers consisted of watching several hours of it late into the night.





9 comments:
I think you should serve lemonae and ice cream and then have your children compete in a three legged race!
I miss my sisters too!
Keep your skirt away from the hay way Nan!
remember to cover the pudding so mice won't get in.
I Love Anne of Green Gables! Have you read all the books? Crystal just finished the series earlier this summer. My favorite is the last book Rilla of Ingleside.
Sniff....We love those movies!! A few years before my mama died she made me a porcelin doll who is 2 1/2ft tall and looks just like Anne Shirley. Did you know Cris Shirley at BJU? She has long red hair too!! I use to call her "Anne".
About the beach: yes every year we rent a house big enough for our families. Sept. starts the low season so the houses are "cheaper".
The highlight is the grandchildren are up early to watch the sun rise with Papa and Nana drinking hot chocolate and donuts! The first time Bryson and Jessalyn really understood about getting up with us they woke their mom up at 3 a.m and wanted to know if the sun was coming up soon!!! Usually during this early hour we see dophlins....
I remember being in jr. high and having get togethers to watch the Anne of Green Gables movies! I love those books and love L.M. Montgomery books in general.
I LOVE ANNE! Oh! It brings back memories of watching it with my sisters and discussing the intricacies of puffed sleeves, raven black hair and kindred spirits.
Hi Jenny, I was wondering how you find out when these different shows are airing? I missed out on the Jane Austen movies and now Anne of Green Gables. I too love these movies!
My children watch PBS in the morning and I hear the commercial breaks between the shows. I'll let you know if something else good comes on; however, your Sacramento PBS affiliate might not air the same shows as ours. Our PBS station is out of Alberta, Canada.
Post a Comment