8.17.2008

Slip 'n Slide

Remember these? My Auntie Clara gave me one for my ninth birthday. I used to love my Slip 'n Slide!

Tonight I made one out of garbage bags for the kids. It took the boys a few tries to get the hang of it. They would get a good running start and then stop right in front of the slide instead of take a dive (I would, too!).

The girls, on the other hand, sat down on their bottoms and inched their way down the entire slide. The boys were very patient with them. I guess we won't need to water the lawn tonight!

4 comments:

Nana's Nest said...

FUN!!! James had to put some padding under theirs. We haven't had alot of rain so the ground was really hard and pokey!
I really liked your evening with the moon...you sure had a heat wave didn't you! It's actually "cooler" for August here. We aren't complaining! It does make it for a "ugly" Fall...things will change to soon and not be as bright colored. Oh well....

gramma said...

How did you ever get the bags to stay together wet? How did you attach them together? The boys look like they are having way too much fun.

jenny said...

I just used packing tape. It was all I had. It seemed to hold up fairly well, considering the slide ended up sitting in a pool of water by the end of the evening.

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh, In our neck of the woods they call this a "red neck waterslide"

Good times had by all. Nough Said.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers