Eight Days
Phil left for New York today. He'll be gone for 8 days. The boys are outside in the backyard right now watching for their daddy's plane to fly overhead. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only 8 days this time and not 8 weeks that we'll be apart, like last summer. So for every day that passes, I'll just tell myself, "Be thankful that was only a day, and not a whole week."
I'll let you know if it works. :)





4 comments:
With the Lord, One day at a time is all we ever need to face. Thanks for letting him go spend some special moments just Phil & him dad.
Thanks Phil for helping your Dad. Thanks Jen for being able to stay at home with four kids on your own. God will be with you each day. I wish I could just fly up there to be with you, but that would leave my whole houseful of kids alone without me :-(
Honey I know them will be the longest 8 days! Your mother in law gave you sweet advice, one day at time! Isn't it wonderful when you have godly mother's praying for you!
About the "vikings" I am not sure if that is what she's using. I do know she is using mostly ABEKA for them and for Bryson some,My Father's World. He's learning cursive and it makes it for a long day for her. She was a little overwhelmed today in fact her and Bryson were! I'll be that way for a few months until he learns all of the letters.
If you get lonely give her a call...864 963-9547 she has said, I need to call Jen!! You both are busy mom's!
Have you found a dirty shirt of Phil's to sleep with yet? I wouldn't have survived my nine days without Gary if I hadn't found that shirt to sleep with. I haven't washed it since he got back either- just in case.
Post a Comment