8.05.2008

My Favorite Things

I was feeling nostalgic tonight, so I started thinking of some of the things I used to play with when I was a little girl. I loved these Gingham dolls!

I remember having 4 boxes of these paper dolls. Each box contained one of the dolls, and the gingham on the box was the color of the doll's dress.

I remember playing with my Sunshine Family paper dolls in the 70's when we lived in San Francisco.

I also had this Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven. I vaguely remember putting my little sister, Emily's hand inside of this while it was hot. Maybe I didn't. That sounds so cruel.

I LOVED these! Each Sweet Treat opened up to fit the little doll inside.

I'm pretty sure I had a My Friend Jenny doll, too, because when I saw this picture my heart fluttered. Mom, did I have one?

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

i remember getting those at the craft store with mom. each came with a different room of a house.

jenny said...

Oh yeah! I forgot about the rooms!

Lizzie said...

remember the heart family? we always used them as our missionary family for our paper dolls. come to think of it, you might have been too old.

jenny said...

Liz, I was in high school when you and Emy were playing with the Heart Family. Remember, I'm 9 years older than you. :)

emyann said...

I remember them all cause I'm in the middle. Love my chissas!

Basking in the Son said...

Thanks for bringing back memories!!! I had the ginghams as well and the Sunshine family sound and look very familiar, but I don't think I actually had them.

Unknown said...

I had the Jenny doll. She had a blond fried named Mandy. I remember she was a very tall doll and wore white tights.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers