Mom, Anne Elliot is the heroine from the novel Persuasion. She is persuaded to jilt the man who loves her because her family is well-to-do and he is not. Years later, still unmarried, she becomes poor and he becomes wealthy. I guess you'll have to read the book to find out what happens!
Michele, Elinor Dashwood is the older, more sensible sister in Sense and Sensibility.
Elizabeth Bennet! The description was quite humorous...don't know if I quite agree, but that's okay!:-) On another note, MaryEllen and I MISSED you at our little reunion...so much so that I've been researching plane tickets to Seattle. I'm gonna start saving my pennies to get out to see you...or fly you to see us! :-)
The first time I took it, I was Eliza Bennett. I had just watched Pride & Prejucice. This time I am Elinor Dashwood. It's been years since I've watched Sense & Sensibility. Time to rent it again!
I know it says Gramma, but it's not me, it's really someone else in the house who sits around all the time with nothing to do that all of a sudden announced that 'he' was Elinor Dashwood.
Elizabeth Bennett! I always felt a kinship with her... as the second eldest and someone who loves long walks! I also (going on to Louise M. Alcott here:) always felt a bong with Jo, from Little Women. I share in her clumsiness and that desire to always do the right thing, even though it doesn't always work out that way. Ahhh I think I need to go an watch Anne of Green Gables now!
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. ~Psalm 16:5-6
So proud of Phil...
All done with school! Click on photo to read about God's goodness to us
phil
Love of my life, wonderful father, patient, content
jared...9
Protective, inquisitive, independent
caleb...8
Creative, cuddly, sensitive
gracie...7
Tidy, dramatic, funny
lily...7
Sweet-natured, smiley, content
I like...
-knowing that I have eternal life -the sound of Phil's voice -the smell of rain -milk chocolate -inductive Bible studies -flowers on my kitchen table -coffee -drinking coffee with Phil -my girls in pigtails -music -coloring with Caleb -watching Gracie straighten up the house -taking Jared to the library -kissing Lily's cheeks -losing weight -saving money -books by Elisabeth Elliot -rice -reading to my kids -good preaching -giving gifts (especially to my kids) -hugs from Phil -blogging -campfires -candles -laughing with my sisters -Pottery Barn -vintage fabric -hearing from friends -praying for my kids -maternity clothes -the 2nd trimester of pregnancy -American history -looking at maps -Winter Olympics -baking
15 comments:
Anne Elliot~~I really don't know what this means! I could be sentencing myself to doom :-(
Elinor Dashwood- At least I turned out to be one of the heroines that I recognized. (I'll have to read some of the other books!)
I am not a Jane Austen fan and am not very familiar with the stories, but I took the quiz and came out as Elinor Dashwood.
Somehow, (Anne Elliot style) I deleted my last comment. I read your profile and it suits you perfectly!
Mom, Anne Elliot is the heroine from the novel Persuasion. She is persuaded to jilt the man who loves her because her family is well-to-do and he is not. Years later, still unmarried, she becomes poor and he becomes wealthy. I guess you'll have to read the book to find out what happens!
Michele, Elinor Dashwood is the older, more sensible sister in Sense and Sensibility.
Elizabeth Bennet! The description was quite humorous...don't know if I quite agree, but that's okay!:-)
On another note, MaryEllen and I MISSED you at our little reunion...so much so that I've been researching plane tickets to Seattle. I'm gonna start saving my pennies to get out to see you...or fly you to see us! :-)
Christina, that would be so much FUN! But don't go to Seattle! You'll be very lonely. I'm in Spokane...about 5 hours East of there.
I think you have Lizzie Bennet's spunk!
I'm Elinor Dashwood. I wouldn't think I would be like her. I've always liked her though. She's a bit blah for me, oh well.
OOPS! Did't realized that you lived in Spokane! Where did I get Seattle??? Well...I'll start looking there! :-)
Elinor Dashwood
The first time I took it, I was Eliza Bennett. I had just watched Pride & Prejucice. This time I am Elinor Dashwood. It's been years since I've watched Sense & Sensibility. Time to rent it again!
interesting
Michele and Jenny (Gary's)
and I are all Elinor Dashwood
that was fun
Aunt Barb
I know it says Gramma, but it's not me, it's really someone else in the house who sits around all the time with nothing to do that all of a sudden announced that 'he' was Elinor Dashwood.
Elinor Dashwood, I just watched Sense and Sensibility the other day too! I think I need a movie day now:)
Elizabeth Bennett! I always felt a kinship with her... as the second eldest and someone who loves long walks! I also (going on to Louise M. Alcott here:) always felt a bong with Jo, from Little Women. I share in her clumsiness and that desire to always do the right thing, even though it doesn't always work out that way. Ahhh I think I need to go an watch Anne of Green Gables now!
Post a Comment