
I know that technically it isn't even spring and that I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I love seeing strawberries, plums, nectarines and peaches at the grocery store!

I just pulled these out of the oven for tomorrow morning's breakfast. They're called Strawberry Shortcake Muffins. Mmmmmm!
Posted by
jenny
at
9:39 PM
8 comments:
They look wonderful.
could you share the recipe....looks yummy
Oh my goodness! They look so wonderful. I, too, am ready for summer fruits and veggies. I've switched out my fall/winter smelling candles of pumkins and spices to the fruity smelling candles that make me think of spring and summer.
MMMMMMMM...those look so yummy. I would love the recipe! I'm with you...the long winter has made me YEARN for spring this year. I'm sure you can relate...with all of the snow you've gotten this season! We got some more this morning, and my heart sunk. We were just beginning to see the roads again. Oh well. It'll be here soon enough!
Yummo Jen! How did they taste? ;-)
I think we all are eager beavers when it comes to spring. I haven't even seen a robin yet!! Thankfully our snow is almost gone which gives me hope!!
Here's the recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Muffins:
Mix together:
2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
Cut 1/2 c. chilled butter into flour mixture
Add:
1 egg
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix in 1 c. diced strawberries, well drained
Sprinkle with sugar. I use raw sugar, and then place one slice of strawberry on the top of each muffin before baking
Bake at 350 deg. in a greased muffin tin for about 25 min.
Cool completely before eating (unless you like the taste of warm strawberries--they're not as sweet)
can you send me a few please!!!!
Post a Comment