4.29.2008

What to do if you don't have a cell phone...


Phil and I don't have cell phones--strange, but true. This morning he had a dentist appointment about a mile away from our house. The kids and I dropped him off and went to a friend's house for a play date. On the way home, it would have been convenient to call him on a cell phone to see if he was ready to be picked up, but here's what we did, instead:

He decided to pick leaves off of a certain bush and place them in a pile on the corner of the sidewalk. If the leaves were there as we drove by, he was through with his appointment and had already started walking home. If the leaves were not there, we were to wait in the parking lot for a few minutes before heading home for nap time. I will add that this was Phil's idea, and not mine.

9 comments:

The Crazy Hours said...

Well, which did it turn out to be? And what if the leaves blew away?

gramma said...

ditto to Jenny's remarks!

jenny said...

Phil made it home about a half an hour before we did.

It wasn't too windy today--just cold!

Basking in the Son said...

Too funny and very creative! We didn't have cell phones for a very long time and then we decided to only have cell phones. We are trying to decide what to do when our contract is up in August. Once you've had them, it is hard to think about not having them.

Basking in the Son said...

Oh, and I like the new look!

maryellen said...

ha ha you guys crack me up. I think your dear hubby has secret desires to be involved in espionage!! My husband would not have survived very well BEFORE the days of cellphone. He likes to call me and talk to me whenever he feels like it and know he'll get through to me.

jenny said...

Mary Ellen~

Maybe someday he will! But I guess he won't be able to use the leaves-on-the-sidewalk trick now that its purpose has been disclosed!

Stephanie said...

THAT'S HILARIOUS! I wonder what the neighbors thought. And why didn't he just walk home, if it was only a mile? Maybe I've lived in the country too long. :)

~nanashouse~ said...

Phil, you crack me up! Why not just rip your shirt and put pieces on the tree so Jen can follow your trail!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers