4.05.2008

New Fabric, Fun Project

I need to recover our basket/box tables in the living room. I'll leave the bottom of the boxes in tact, but I'm going to place padding on the lid and cover it with fabric. Here's a "before" picture:


I went to a new fabric store here in Spokane called The Top Stitch and found way too many fun fabrics to choose from, including one of my favorite designers, Amy Butler!


I chose this fabric for the box lids.



I found pieces of these two designs in a scrap box!


I was very excited to find this pattern! Phil and I have wanted to buy beanbags or large pillows for the kids' playroom, but they're so expensive! I found this pattern that only requires 2 yards of fabric per pillow. This will be my next project.

8 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Amy Butler is one of my favorite fabric designers! I'm intrigued by the big pillows. What are you going to stuff them with?

jenny said...

Kids ;)

emyann said...

And to think, I was going to throw those away! Can't wait to see the after pic!

Nana's Nest said...

Do you have a Garden Ridge? They sometimes have them bing bags for a good price. I realize it's times four for you! Years ago my mom made her own and I still have the pattern (somewhere) but can never figure out what to fill them with (LOLO your idea, KIDS) I do like your idea of making a cover for the lid, can't wait to see the "afterwards". If I like it, I'll watch your kids and you do it for me, deal!

tyler said...

Hey Jenny where is the "guy" fabrics, you know, the camo material, the OD(olive drab)green, that's military for ugly green,LOL and the denim for the boys room? Just kidding honey!!!!!!

Dad

Unknown said...

FYI, for all of you wondering what to stuff the pillows with or bean bags. You can buy the stuffing (the little balls) online. My Aunt and cousin have both made for their houses bean bags made for two. They are awesome!

jenny said...

Thanks, Emily! I'll have to look into that.

Unknown said...

enjoy your sewing projects - I have missed sewing - since all is on hold for a few months
this summer will be sewing curtains
at the cottage

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers