Friday Night
The boys look forward to Friday nights. They work hard all week to complete their job charts, and on Friday night we have a prize drawing.
Jared and Caleb picked their prizes. I wrote each idea down on slips of paper and placed them in a bucket. Each week we omit the prize chosen from the previous week so that eventually all of the prizes will be chosen.
Jared and Caleb are finishing up their job charts before bedtime.
This week it was Jared's turn to draw a prize from the bucket, but he wanted Caleb to "hold the paper right away so it's fair."
This week's prize: Milkshakes at Jack-in-the-Box! He's been waiting for this one.
Here's a list of their ideas for prizes:
*Go to Sonic
*Go to Jack-in-the-Box for a milkshake
*Go to Mobius (our children's museum)
*Go to "Thrift" to buy something (this is what Jared calls a thrift store)
*Go to the soft playground at the mall and then to the Christian bookstore to read books
*Go to Baskin Robbins
*Go to the park by the library
*Go to Yoke's (a grocery store) to buy bulk candy





6 comments:
My vote is for the museum, So what do I have to do? Dishes, sweep the patio, make my bed?
Dad
Jared couldn't look more pleased. I have another prize idea...go to California to visit all the grandparents (and of course Aunt Corinne)
They came up with great ideas.
I'm with your Dad! I see what prizes are instore and I want to go do more chores. Oh to be a kid again! My only reward after my chores are done is that it might stay clean for 5 minutes. :)
I promise to make my bed everyday for a visit to Starbucks :-)
That is a marvlous idea something for them to work for. When we were a "poor" military family;-) those treats were appreciated, their very own drink! Good job Jen!!!
Post a Comment