4.01.2008

Blueberries for Sal


We love this book! What child doesn't? We read this book last night before bedtime, and then the teacher in me ran downstairs in search of my Blueberries for Sal Language Arts activity.


This afternoon we colored blueberries onto paper wheels and then fastened each one to the pails on their worksheets with paper fasteners.


As they turn their wheels, the blueberries fall into their pails. Kurplink, kurplank, kurplunk.



Lily was more interested in eating her Cheez-It crackers.

9 comments:

gramma said...

Oh, how exciting - to see each of the kids again! I sure do miss them. I'm so thankful for the "teacher in you" You broaden your kids lives so with your many activities.

I am curiously intrigued by the sign behind the piano - brings back memories of tings my son used to show up with in the old days.

jcandbaby3 said...

I'm not familiar with this book. Now, I'm gonna have to check it out from the library! Looks like fun!

jenny said...

Christina~

Oh you Speech majors! See, if you would have majored in Elementary Ed., you would've known! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh we love this book too! Lilla is always wants to talk about the last page of the book. You know, the one that shows the old fashioned cook stove and the old canning jars. Abram always points out the car in the sotry. :)

~nanashouse~ said...

I just love Blueberries for Sal! You kids loved it when you were little too. You are such a creative Mom. Can you send a little of that my way?

emyann said...

I love the the girl's hair!

jenny said...

E.F.~

Well, I don't can, so my kids always wonder what in the world that mom is doing with all of those empty jars. Caleb was the one who asked that question this time.

~nanashouse~ said...

Jen, I don't know if you can remember the times that I canned fruit. I had such a good time doing it...but I felt like such a failure! My fruit floated to the top of the jars (which isn't supposed to happen).
My jam was great though. Everyone received a jar of jam that Christmas with a pretty fabric covering. Oh how homeschool can you get!!!

Unknown said...

I think Lilla and Caleb are on the same wave-length. :)
And I just re-read my comment. Maybe next time I can spell a little better! Whew, must've been too late to be reading and replying to people's blogs.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers