4.13.2008

Best Buds


I could not have thought this up if I had tried! I love having twin girls and two boys close in age. I love that the boys are becoming best friends. I'm glad that they're older than the girls and I'm thankful that they love to protect their little sisters. I enjoy watching my girls communicate in their own little language. "Jabber jabber jabber" sounds confusing to me, but Gracie seems to understand her sister's requests and quickly retrieves any item for which Lily beckons. I'm really beginning to enjoy the closeness in age of our four children. Yes, it has been difficult, but just look at these sweet pictures.


Last night after dinner, the girls took off downstairs and were gone (and very quiet) for a good 15 minutes. They came up the stairs, both wearing fire helmets and their brothers' Diego backpacks. I would have loved to see which girl orchestrated the whole thing (I'm guessing that Gracie probably did). Did they help each other put the backpacks on or did each girl do her own? Whose idea was it to wear the helmets to complete the outfit? Oh, how I wish I could have watched them do this!


Jared and Caleb decided to play baseball this afternoon. They've been playing outside during quiet rest time this week, because the weather has been so beautiful!

10 comments:

Basking in the Son said...

Sounds like you need one of those security cameras, so you can see what is happening downstairs for your amusement. It would be much better than anything on tv. Maybe you could start a "four happy hearts" reality show and make some money.

gramma said...

things like these make it awfully hard for grandparents to stay away!!!

Nana's Nest said...

it helps they have wonderful parents that mold that closeness and creativity as well. I see this with katie's kids as well. Katie's kids have an active imagination too. The other day Bryson and Jessalyn put on a "play" for us and it was hysterial. It came to a part that Bryson was surpose to kiss Jessalyn and he decided not to and Jessalyn was getting after him for missing his line. Katie got it on video....we laughed and laughed!

~nanashouse~ said...

Gracie just may have a future as a United Nations Interpreter!

Unknown said...

you capture some great Kodak moments
of course you have some special focus points

did you finish your pillow project
think I see them behind the girls???

Anonymous said...

I love it! My mom said my sister and I used to talk to eachother in our own language too and she thought it was so cute. You are so blessed Jen!

tyler said...

Jenny,
Do you remeber your two younger sisters playing supermarket at the apartments in Hayward? One put on my Oroweat jacket and drew a mustache on her face(Lizzie), and the other was a checker at Lucky's. We even had video of it. All that to say, get ready to make wonderful memories. Oh by the way Mendocino Mustard is on it's way to you from Bruno's. Gramma Wilcox and Auntie Corrine came in to buy it this evening. Enjoy!!!!

Dad

jenny said...

I'm so excited about the mustard! We can't find it up here.

Unknown said...

If you go to the Mendocino Mustard website they will send you a free bottle.

jenny said...

Wow! Then that's where I'm headed right now!!! Thanks...

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers