10.14.2008

Rite of Passage


Jared decided to remove the training wheels from his bike this afternoon. Doesn't he look so grown up?

He really wanted to learn before his daddy came home from school today. We'll try again tomorrow!

Go, Jared! Go!


We spent the afternoon in the front yard riding bikes. Lily made up this little game: if you ride past her on your bike, you have to stop and let her put pretend makeup on your face.

The boys were good sports about the whole thing. Unfortunately, she chases you if you don't stop.



7 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

I just watched an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 last night. Daddy took the training wheels off Joel's bike. He did great. The other 5 wanted to try. They didn't do as well :-( Many tears.

Good job Jared!!

gramma said...

I don't like it that they are growing up so fast---without me. I miss you all so very much.

emyann said...

Wow! Jared, you are growing up so fast! I love the pictures of your children. Beautiful faces!

Lizzie said...

sounds like he's in one of his liminal stages, lol. did he learn yet? go Jared!!!!

jenny said...

Yes, he DID learn just last night before dinner!

Stephanie said...

Super cute! Zach learned this year too! He rode for hours this summer.

Nana's Nest said...

You do know Jen that removing training wheels is "one more" snip of cutting the apron strings from their mama;-(
What a good job he did working with daddy's tools to remove them and then the hard work of learning without them!
Those girls are so cute I want to smooch their little faces!! To me their halo's are perfectly straight!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers