10.13.2008

Can It Be?

Up until now, my mommy years have been much of a blur--a good kind of blur, but a blur, nonetheless. For the past 6 years, I've either been expecting a baby or mothering a newborn or two. I finally feel like we're turning a corner here in our home. On recent trips out, we haven't had to take along the stroller! We experience a few rough patches while we're out, but the kids no longer dart off in all different directions.

And this morning I found the girls "reading" on the couch while Jared, Caleb and I were in the kitchen doing school work.

I realize that we're in no way home-free, and that we'll encounter a completely different set of parenting concerns as they grow, but it sure feels good to sit back and enjoy some of the fruit of our labor. Training children does work. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of what seemed to be a very looooooooooooooooooooooong toddler tunnel. Now, onto the next tunnel!

2 comments:

gramma said...

They both look so totally comfortable and content - what with blankets, pillows, dollies, stuffed animals and a pile of books. It's a wonderful picture!

Rachael said...

Thanks for the "hope"! :)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers