10.28.2008

Caramel Apples

The girls helped me make caramel apples today after nap time. Funny thing--as the caramel was melting, I thought it looked a little runny. Then I realized that I had added the correct amount of water, but I didn't take into account that not every piece of caramel I unwrapped would actually make it into the pan for the melting stage. Silly me! Next time I'll be sure to use less water.

Runny or not...this was gooooood stuff!
Here's sweet Lily's version of helping. But, then again, it's always nice to clean off the wax paper so it can be used again!

Yes, those are teeth marks!

7 comments:

emyann said...

Too cute! Good thing they just went to the dentist!

Christian said...

Jenny, your blog is so encouraging. It is like sitting down with a cup of hot cocoa and breathing a sigh of relief to read it.

gramma said...

You can't imagine how exciting it was for me and for Aunt Corinne to wake up this morning to not one, not two, but three new blogs full of wonderful pictures.

jenny said...

Christian,

Believe it or not, it has the same effect on me sometimes! I can get so wrapped up in "mommy stuff."

That's one of the things I love about blogging. It forces me to sit down at the end of my day and remember the little things like teeth marks all over a caramel apple.

~nanashouse~ said...

Those apples look so yummy Jen! Not quite as sweet as the four little ones eating them :-)

Unknown said...

Yum-O!
You have inspired me to make those with my kids-maybe this Friday night.
Emily

The Crazy Hours said...

Cute, cute, cute pictures!!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers