10.20.2008

It was bound to happen eventually...

...the boys lost one of their beloved fish, Lord Licorice. He died sometime today, and we discovered it tonight right before bedtime. The boys had such a hard time with this. They sobbed and sobbed together on my lap. Then I could hear the girls in the background pretending to cry, but they were not quite sure what was going on. Lord Licorice was 2 years old, and if I understand correctly, that's pretty old for a fish!

Caleb decided that he didn't want anymore pets to go in a tank, and he'd just pick a sheep next time, thank you (he told me all of this while crying). And while I was folding laundry out in the living room, I could hear the boys--both snuggling on Caleb's bed--trying to console one another. First Caleb would moan, "Jared, I miss Lord Licorice." Jared would comfort Caleb, but then cry, "Caleb, I miss him, too."

Oh, my sweet, sweet boys!

5 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Jared and Caleb,
It is really sad to lose a good friend like Lord Licorice. Nana I are sad also. What is nice though you wonderful boys can now ALWAYS talk to each other and remember all the great things about Lord Licorice. So you see, Lord Licorice will always be in your hearts and minds.
Hey, can you boys tell Nana and Papa some of those neat things that you remember about Lord Licorice?????? We'll be waiting to hear from you.

Love you boys,

Papa Al

Rachael said...

Oh, that is really sad. :(

emyann said...

They are very sweet boys!

gramma said...

See Penguin Pals for a story.

jenny said...

Papa,

We have a new fish now! His name is Spot. We named him Spot, because he has a spot on his tail.

We love Lord Licorice. He will always be our friend. We flushed him down the toilet.

Love, Jared and Caleb

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers