10.05.2008

A Few Random Thoughts


As if having two sick kids wasn't enough...my face is turning green, yellow and purple. Ugh! Two days after my surgery, I got a black eye (from the surgery), and now the right side of my face is showing signs of bruising, as well.

With the kids being somewhat tranquil, we had lots of time to sit and watch the rest of Little House on the Prairie tonight. I became very thankful for all of my modern conveniences. Whatever did Ma Ingalls do when her youngins' became ill? I'm thankful for my washer and dryer, Clorox wipes and yummy smelling candles to burn in order to hide the stench.

You're probably wondering why I'm writing about sick kids when I've posted a picture of an apron. I wanted to show you what I made tonight. It took longer than I expected, because I didn't have a pattern (please don't look too closely). I found two cloth napkins this weekend in the clearance section of a store. As soon as I saw them I thought, "Those would make a cute apron!"

4 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

As Ma Ingalls decided how to take care of her family, I researched Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. I am going to take courses over two weekends so I can learn how to best serve Grandma and her friends. How does this relate?? Bibs, diapers, "easy food"...

I'm praying for you.

BTW...Your apron is beeutifull!!

emyann said...

Jenny, it turned out perfect. I can't wait to show this pic to Arthur!

Basking in the Son said...

You have time to sew?

jenny said...

Probably not, Michele, but it's somewhat therapeutic for me--especially when I sew without a pattern.

It challenges me and gives me a problem to solve besides, "Who had it first?" :)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers