Nana


My Great Grandma, lovingly called Nana, passed away two years ago today. She was 6 months shy of turning 100 when she died. I have such sweet memories of her. She always had special treats for her visitors--usually cookies, but sometimes she had chocolate Eskimo Bars. When I smell lemons, I'm reminded of the lemon tree in her front yard. I have a great collection of Williams-Sonoma cookbooks, thanks to her!
She passed away when my girls were 3 weeks old. I regret that they weren't able to meet her. She was ill before she died, and it wouldn't have been wise to take our newborn daughters to visit her in the hospital. For those 3 short weeks, there were 5 living generations of women on my side of the family.
Here are a couple of pictures of Jared and Nana, taken back in 2003. In the first picture, they're playing "Pat-a-Cake" and in the second picture, they're playing "This Little Piggy."





5 comments:
What sweet memories!
Oh Jenny, I am having a meltdown :-( I miss Nana soo much. I remember praying the night before she died that she could hold on and not die on Don's birthday. I'm so sad tonight.
Those pictures are treasures. I love the first one of that sweet little face looking up into hers. My GRANDPARENTS on my dad's side were BORN in 1892 and 1899 - I never even met that grandfather as he died in 1960. How special - 5 generations - I cannot even fathom that.
I love this post. Even the house looked happy in the picture.
She is beautiful! I loved talking to her about books...
Post a Comment