Our Gingerbread House

We attempted to put together this gingerbread house after lunch today. The kids had a great time. Here's the finished product.


Lily ate most of the candy in her bowl, and did what we call, "sneak-a-bite" with the frosting on her side of the house. She was a little frustrated that the candy she did have left wouldn't stick to the roof.





8 comments:
You are a brave mommy...I only hope I can handle "crafty moments" as my children get bigger! :)
I was thinking the exact same thing... you are very brave to attempt that with four little ones. We did a kit one year and I've never attempted it again. :)
The Gingerbread house looks great!
Ohhhh!!! I want to be there! Your gingerbread house looks wonderful. Leave it to Lily to keep up our family tradition of "sneak-a-bite"
Gotta tell ya that I would not do as well as Lily. I certainly would have eaten all the candy in my bowl, would have assured that there was no frosting to frustrate me and then would had made sure that there was a table quake so that we could do the clean up as part of the recovery effort. But of course that's just me. :)
James
that looks like so much fun jenny! you just have to be careful of the "recycled" building material :-)
I'm not so brave. This is what I did: I sat at the table with the kids and put the house together while they ate lunch. This allowed me enough time to get the hard part out of the way without the help of many curious little hands.
By the time they were through eating, I was ready for them to decorate the house.
Sounds like a clever way for them to be involved and still stay sane. :)
Post a Comment