12.13.2007

Little Blessings


Things remain hectic around here with the girls getting their molars and with finals week for Phil. Just when I think I can't take anymore, the Lord sends along little blessings. Yesterday a sweet friend of mine came by and brought dinner (spaghetti and the BEST meatballs, salad, garlic bread, brownies and Christmas tea). Phil and I attended church with this family 5 years ago when we lived in Marysville, WA. They live here in Spokane now.

Today, the doorbell rang and on my porch stood a former boss from Safeway and his wife with two boxes of Christmas treats! I worked as a bagger for Larry 13 years ago in Lakeport, CA. They heard that Phil and I had moved up to Spokane, so they tracked us down! They stayed and talked for about 2 hours--it's always nice to have adult conversation now and then. I'm so thankful that the Lord sends encouragement just when I need it.

4 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh how great!! Kerrie has been asking me if Susan has contacted you yet. She will be so happy to hear you had a visit together. :-)

Basking in the Son said...

It really is a small world after all.

gramma said...

I continue to marvel at how God answeres our prayers in ways we haven't even dreamed of.

emyann said...

Wow! That is amazing!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers