I like to bring Phil something warm to drink while he's studying at night. Tonight's specialty is a decaf peppermint mocha. I don't have whipped cream. Oh well. Milk foam is much healthier anyway, right?
If it were in the other cup and not decaf Phil would get all the extra study time he needed and at the end of the 2 weeks without sleep would probably take a month to wake up. :) Keep him at it Jen and hang in there.
I sure have been missing your yummy coffees and sitting down to visit with you while we drink them. I think a peppermint mocha (healthy or otherwise)would be just right!
What kind of expresso machine do you have? I have wanted one but the prices keep me away. Years ago we bought one but the frothing part didn't do like the coffee house ones did. Did you use to work at Starbucks and know the tricks? Are you willing to share? You are such a good wife....keep pampering your sweet husband.
We bought the machine from Starbucks about 5 years ago when they had a SUPER sale--$100 off! You can't beat that! We buy our Italian syrups at Cash and Carry for about $3, and then I ask the Baristas at Starbucks how they make the drinks I like to order. They never seem to mind.
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. ~Psalm 16:5-6
So proud of Phil...
All done with school! Click on photo to read about God's goodness to us
phil
Love of my life, wonderful father, patient, content
jared...9
Protective, inquisitive, independent
caleb...8
Creative, cuddly, sensitive
gracie...7
Tidy, dramatic, funny
lily...7
Sweet-natured, smiley, content
I like...
-knowing that I have eternal life -the sound of Phil's voice -the smell of rain -milk chocolate -inductive Bible studies -flowers on my kitchen table -coffee -drinking coffee with Phil -my girls in pigtails -music -coloring with Caleb -watching Gracie straighten up the house -taking Jared to the library -kissing Lily's cheeks -losing weight -saving money -books by Elisabeth Elliot -rice -reading to my kids -good preaching -giving gifts (especially to my kids) -hugs from Phil -blogging -campfires -candles -laughing with my sisters -Pottery Barn -vintage fabric -hearing from friends -praying for my kids -maternity clothes -the 2nd trimester of pregnancy -American history -looking at maps -Winter Olympics -baking
8 comments:
If it were in the other cup and not decaf Phil would get all the extra study time he needed and at the end of the 2 weeks without sleep would probably take a month to wake up. :) Keep him at it Jen and hang in there.
You mean the bowl? That one is for me!
I'll take a grande, with extra foam, extra sprinkles, extra love...beautiful!!
I sure have been missing your yummy coffees and sitting down to visit with you while we drink them. I think a peppermint mocha (healthy or otherwise)would be just right!
What kind of expresso machine do you have? I have wanted one but the prices keep me away. Years ago we bought one but the frothing part didn't do like the coffee house ones did. Did you use to work at Starbucks and know the tricks? Are you willing to share?
You are such a good wife....keep pampering your sweet husband.
I can't believe it! I just had a decaf peppermint mocha from Starbucks last night! It was SOOO good. Did you make it with a mix from Starbucks?
We bought the machine from Starbucks about 5 years ago when they had a SUPER sale--$100 off! You can't beat that! We buy our Italian syrups at Cash and Carry for about $3, and then I ask the Baristas at Starbucks how they make the drinks I like to order. They never seem to mind.
Oh, my tummy is growling... and it wasn't the coffee. I love candy canes! :)
Post a Comment