Aunt Corinne is Here!

And look how we're welcoming her! All of our snow melted and Jared was very disappointed that Aunt Corinne wouldn't have snow for Christmas. This morning at breakfast he prayed for snow. An hour before her plane was scheduled to land, it started snowing, and it accumulated rather quickly. We had about 2 inches by dinner time.
We usually shovel our snow in the morning, but most of our neighbors have been out shoveling snow tonight. We're pretending to know why; Phil and Corinne are outside shoveling snow right now. Does anyone out there know why we should be doing this tonight?





8 comments:
Maybe they all get up early and go to church in the morning like you are going to. Glad to see that Aunt Corinne got there safely. I was beginning to wonder when the computer kept moving the arrival time later and later. xoxo
O.K. two comments: So glad Corinne arrived safely.
The snow is an answer to prayer!! I just love your children:-)
On a pefectly selfish note...how did you sign your name at he end of your post??
How sweet that Jared wanted to share the snow with Aunt Corinne. I'm sure all of you will have a wonderful time together! Is more snow in the forecast? My first thought was that they couldn't shovel snow on Sunday morning, my second was that more might be on the way and it gets harder to shovel. Thirdly, if it starts to melt and then refreezes, it turns to ice.
Dylan's sister was in Spokane all day yesterday and told us that it had snowed. She has a good friend from high school that lives there. Friday she drove to Portland, flew to Spokane and then flew back here last night.
The snow if beautiful. I think it would be fun to have a white Christmas.
Loving the snow!! Yeah, not sure why people would be doing that! Those crazy Spokanites:) So great to meet you and am really looking forward to getting to know you more. Oh, and the shortbread...so great! love, Amy
Grampa, a life-long authority on everything (also born in Wisconsin) Says Michele is right with #3. If it melts a little and freezes down it turns to ice, or even if people walk on it and crunch it down, it'll be icy-slick slippery. xoxo
We are jealous that you have snow for Christmas!
Ok, Jen, as I recall from living in Indiana, if you shovel your snow right away it doesn't have a chance to harden and freeze. Then it is much harder to shovel because you have to scrape. I don't think I will show my boys these snow pictures because they will be jealous. I wonder if we had snow if they would be willing to shovel it. Probably not...
Post a Comment