10.23.2007

Yes, We're Still Here!


Gracie and I worked in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon.


Doesn't she look adorable wearing her little apron?


The girls enjoyed their popsicles today in the sunshine. They like to "read" the jokes on their popsicle sticks.


Caleb used his bunk bed rails to make a bunk bed for the Care Bears.

We've had a few rough days. I suppose it's to be expected with rain and 4 little munchkins; however, today was beautiful--warm and sunny! The kids played at Addie's house this morning and Brooke fed me chocolate cake and coffee (a true friend). We left around noon, so we were able to stop by Phil's school on the way home and surprise him during his lunch hour. The kids had fun rolling around on the grass in the parking lot.

I'm convinced that the cloudy days make the sunny days even brighter! In Nicole Norderman's song "Sunrise" she sings, "How would I know the morning if I knew not midnight?...Every shadow is evidence of light." I'm so thankful for the hope that I have in Jesus. Even when my days are dreary, and I get very frustrated, He assures me that He is still in charge, arranging the events of my life for His glory. Good friends and chocolate cake help, too!

7 comments:

gramma said...

How wonderful to hear again, and see such sweet things. How ever did Caleb get those care bears to balance on the rails? Where did you get the adorable aprons? Grace is going to be so much like you! Keep clinging to Him!

emyann said...

Oh Jen! I was so worried! I will be there in 2 weeks and I will help with anything you need. The girls look beautiful and Caleb is so smart!

gramma said...

As I re-revisited your sight, you've changed you heading - Truly they look like four happy hearts!!! Also, the girls look like school girls in their cute shoes, tights and skirts (and then I realized that they are perched on the upside down legs of the water table. thanks for catching that beautiful moment to share with us.

Anonymous said...

Jen, your children are darling. Thanks for letting me take a peek at your blog. Also, thanks for the advice and for letting me check out the previous posts on room sharing. I am going to start praying about it and start here soon I think. Thanks again! I will be checking back soon:)
Brandy

~nanashouse~ said...

oh, how funny! I posted the same song on my blog without even knowing! Just goes to show you "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" says Rachel Lynde!

Basking in the Son said...

I got to hear Nicole Nordman sing at Women of Faith.

jenny said...

We did, too! She's really cute, huh?

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers