A Fairy Tale?

My friend Sandi thinks I live a fairy tale life because I'm always baking and going places with the kids. If that thought has crossed your mind as well, please read on. I've compiled a list to convince you otherwise:
*There's at least one child crying and/or pulling on my clothes at all times.
*When I'm in the bathroom, there's always someone watching me (no matter what I'm doing), and if I did shut the door, there would be little fingers under the door trying to reach me!
*As of Nov. 18, I will have TWO children that are 2-years old. Enough said.
*Sleeping in for me is 7:00 a.m.
*People give me strange looks and say strange things to me when I go out in public. In fact, just today, someone drove by my house, unrolled his window and yelled out something about my needing to live in a shoe. I couldn't hear him very well--one of the kids was screaming.
But...
*I have a collection of yellow flowers (dandelions) sitting on my kitchen counter.
*I wake up in the morning to 4 cuties in "feetie" jammies--even if it's a bit earlier than I'd like it to be.
*I hear little girls jabber and sing the sweetest songs throughout my day.
*I have a precious boy who loves to paint pictures for me.
*I get to watch another sweet boy tuck his sisters in and sing to them at nap time.





7 comments:
Of course you live a fairy tale life. (so do I). All fairy tales start with "Once apon a time...", have the fair maiden saved by the prince from some awful witch/dragon/stepmother/etc and end with "They lived happily ever after." Even fairy tales spend most of their time in the trial and tribulations part. I have no doubt that you have a prince and your fairy tale will end in "happily ever after" Keep smiling.
You're right about the prince part!
That guy that yelled out his windowabout a shoe, must of had bitters in his morning coffee! Don'r listen to random strangers! Think about all the wonderful things your family sayd about you guys. I can't imagine my life without my amazing sister and her fun family! Can't wait to fly up there!
Agreed on all points. Life is crazy but amazing and I'm not even where you are yet! I do marvel at your domesticity, energy, the projects, and the adventures! Your kids are going to have the sweetest memories.
Hey, Jen, just wanted you to know I'll gone for a few days--we're going to a couples' retreat at the Wilds, and won't be back until next Thursday. I might get to talk to you at some point but don't know when. Just wanted you to know! ;)
Sounds like that was Jack Sprat driving by in the car :-(
Let's face it, he is so crabby because he can't eat any fat. Throw him a piece of pumpkin bread next time he drives by.
I did see Sandi in the post office today. She told me about your post for today.
We all strive for the Susan Branch, Martha Stewart kind of life. We have the best choice...children who love us, a pantry full of great ingredients and a library just waiting to explore. Who could ask for anything more?
Post a Comment