Was I for Real?
Phil and I spent the evening organizing the basement. We put up shelves and sorted the boxes that we've randomly placed downstairs since our move. I laughed at a few of the things I found tucked away in boxes. Here are just a few:
*The laminated (by hand) alphabet cards that I made for Jared when he was a baby
*Dozens of organic baby food labels that I meant to send in for a free organic baby food cookbook
*Bulletin board figures and border for the bulletin board that hung next to Jared's highchair (which was changed seasonally)
*Pictures that I placed on his highchair and covered with contact paper (also changed seasonally)
*Rows of plastic baby food containers reserved for craft time with Jared
*The green fine-point Sharpie used for handmade Christmas cards many, many years ago
It's all a blur to me now...really, it is! I can't believe that I did ANY of these things.
Before I had children I made my own tortillas and thought that making macaroni and cheese or spaghetti for dinner wasn't really cooking. Wow! What was I thinking?





5 comments:
I'm thinking you two stayed up way too late because in a minute now, four happy, excited, well rested, anxious to play sweeties are going to come in and pounce on your bed and you two will be tired and "cranky".
You had bulletin board by Jared's highchair???? You are SO the woman (and such an elementary school teacher). ;)
That's why we love you! That is why he is a brilliant child!
It's amazing what we do with our firstborns.
those times will come again, before you know it! it is in you to be a creative, nurturing mommy. you just watch :-)
Post a Comment