Monk-ism

Have you ever watched Monk? He's an extremely bright detective who suffers from Obsessive Compulsion Disorder. I think I do, too. In our new house, we have a light switch at the top of our stairs leading down to the basement, and another switch at the bottom of the stairs for the same light. It really bothers me if both light switches are in the "on" position when the light is off. This morning I actually walked down to the basement to turn the switch to "off," and then walked back upstairs again. Ahhh...much better! Am I weird? Do any of you do things like this?





9 comments:
you crack me up! i can just see you doing this :-) as for me, i'm lucky if i have the energy to go upstairs once.
We love Monk! Steven especially thinks it hilarious. It reminds me too much of Steven's family to really think it's THAT funny. :) Do you do that kind of thing with the rest of your house?
I hear you!!! At this house where we are staying we have multiple lightswitches next to each other and I want the ones next to each other going the same direction. Micah is like this as well. At our WA house, he had this one light switch he was often fixing. It makes it hard to accept help with thing like folding clothes when I am so picky about how they are folded!
o.k. i have to admit, i have this folding of the clothes thing too! if a shirt just "doesn't feel right" i have to re-fold it :-(
My OCDs are less noticeable (to me) now that I have four small children. If I didn't keep them in check, I'd be certifiable. Now, if you come over to MY house and started messing with MY light switches, well, that's NOT normal.
Oh, where do I begin...
Mom, I crack myself up, too sometimes.
Stephanie, Yes, I do many other things like this around my house. I won't mention them, because I don't want to embarrass myself. :)
Michele, Any normal, breathing human being would have to agree with you...light switches SHOULD all go in the same direction!
Sue, I would LOVE to come to your house for a visit! I'll just play with your light switches while you're in another room changing diapers or something.
I have some new-fangled light switches (my brother is an electrician) so perhaps you could contain yourself enough that we could put the kids in the backyard and sit down to coffee.
On another subject from another blog...as far as mediCation...now there's a thought! Does caffiene count?
Dylan says that he has been breathing lately, but he doesn't agree with us on the lightswitch thing. We are also wondering what Phil's take is on this. :)
Michele, What do YOU think? We're talking about someone who left dirty dishes in his sink for 2 years!
Post a Comment