10.18.2007

Daily Chores, Darling Cubbies


Lily has discovered a new task that delights us both! She helps me by unloading the dishwasher. She grabs whatever she can in her pudgy little hands and places all of the items in the utensil drawer behind her. How can I refuse such help?

I took the boys to Cubbies last night. It's hard for me to drop them off, so I've become one of those mothers who stands around for the first 5 minutes and stares at her children. Jared is so sweet to stand with his arm around his little brother's shoulders. As I drove off, I peeked through the window, of course, and there stood my little men--Jared, with his arm still around Caleb.

6 comments:

emyann said...

I love how protective he is. Very sweet. Please get a picture of them in their uniforms!

gramma said...

I need Caleb & Lily to come here right now please. Grampa needs to share his spaghetti with Caleb and Lily can empty out my dishwasher. XOXO

~nanashouse~ said...

Get used to this first born protective thing. It will amaze and astound you. Chris was making quesadillas for you when he was 7 and you were 5! I had a "babysitter" just to make sure the house didn't burn down!

jenny said...

Yes, and he used to cut my hair and get in my playpen and sit on me!

~nanashouse~ said...

O.K. That's when he was 4 and you were 2!
I'm talking about the years in Parkmerced when he was very grown up and you were putting scarves over lamps in the closet!

Fast forward two years...you put your baby sister in the play oven. Shades of Hansel and Gretel :-}

emyann said...

You put me in an oven??? That's ok I would climb in Lizzie's crib and once I peed on her cause she was cuter than me!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers