4.14.2007

Patience


I like to drink tea every night. When I drink Good Earth tea, I enjoy the little quote attached to the string of my teabag. Here's last night's quote:

"Our patience will achieve more than our force."
-Edmund Burke


I was trying to take a picture of my girls in their new little Summer outfits, but as you can see, they were too busy discussing who should hold the shovel. It's hard to imagine that a quiet, "Girls, please obey Mommy and look at the camera" would achieve better results than a louder "Girls, look at the camera NOW!" Patience won out (this time), and here's the picture.

"A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare." -Proverbs 15:1

3 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Amen, sista!

Stephanie said...

It's hard to slow down to their pace, isn't it? I read a quote somewhere recently that said we were all children once but most of us don't remember it. I have to make myself remember that I was not in a hurry and did not have the same agenda as grownups when I was little either. And yet it seems I am always trying to get them to hurry, hurry, hurry or do this, do that. My boys are happier (and more cooperative)when I make a point of being patient and gentle, and hugging and kissing them and telling them I love them during the day. Then that gentleness usually just propels them into doing what I wanted them to do after all. Who woulda thunk.

emyann said...

Remember "Only shenna?" Now you are one of best friends! Love you chissa!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers