What is Best

I remember the night well--the night I wrestled with God. It was two years ago today. We found out that we were having twins on April 14, and it took only two days for my excitement to turn into extreme panic! Jared had just turned 2 in January, and Caleb was only 9 months old. What would I do with twins? Did God really plan this? With Phil working his overnight shift and family out of town, I spent the night alone with my boys. I couldn't sleep, because I was anxious about the future, questioning God's purposes, even His goodness.
At 2:00 a.m. I went in to soothe my fussy Caleb who was teething. We sat and rocked in the dark listening to his lullaby CD. As I sat there singing to Caleb, I thought about the words I was singing to him..."My Redeemer is faithful and true; Every morning His mercies are new"..."Give thanks with a grateful heart"..."Let me never forget...God is the Ruler yet." It was then that I realized that God was soothing me, His restless child, while I was soothing mine! I bowed my head and thanked God for what He had brought into my life, even though I didn't understand it.
This is the reason I love Zephaniah 3:17 (posted to the right). Mommies love to soothe their children--to sing over them, to quiet them with love--and so does our Heavenly Father. For two hours I sang to Caleb; he fell asleep right away, but I needed to sit there and spend this precious time with God. When I look at my girls, I can't thank God enough for the blessings and the joys of having twins. He gave to me what He knew was best for me.
On a lighter note, escrow closed today so the house in Spokane is officially ours!





1 comments:
I remember that day like it was just yesterday. I remember commenting that you were doubly blessed by God and you just laughed. Then we talked about how God sings over us and delights in us as his children. It is so sweet to see that you have that same delight in your your children.
Post a Comment