4.04.2007

It Works!


My friend Sandi told me to try sprinkling grits around my kitchen to get rid of ants. We tried it two days ago, and it works! I guess they got too full, because I certainly didn't poison them. This morning I removed crayon from a surface by heating it with my hair dryer, and then rubbing the crayon markings off with a piece of bread that I squished into a ball. It worked like an eraser! I read about this in a magazine. Clearly, I don't get out much if killing ants and squishing bread amuse me! Phil and I did go on a date yesterday. Grandpa came over and sat with the kids so we could go to the bank to sign loan papers for the new house. That was probably our most expensive date yet! When we got home they were reading together in the backyard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny
I finally re-entered my password as a "new" password (there is actually a process to go thru for people like me who forget what their password is) :-) So, I have enjoyed going thru everything thus far included on your blogspot. Thank you for sharing.

Love you all, Aunt Dee

Stephanie said...

I'm going to try the crayon idea on my fireplace. Can you believe Brendon colored on the BRICK with crayon? I haven't found a way to get it out yet. There is also candle wax from candles I burned at Christmas. Maybe the hairdryer will help that too.

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh Jen, that picture is adorable! They all look so happy to be outside on a beautiful day reading books.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers