4.05.2007

Cookies



We baked yummy chocolate chip cookies this morning! My friend Emily gave me a great recipe. These are less "cake-like" than most. If you're interested, here's the recipe:

Mix together:
1 cup shortening (I use Butter Crisco)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

In a separate bowl mix together the following, then add to mixture above:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix in 1 cup chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min.


Hope you like them. The kids sure do. Before I go, here's one quick story...Jared was crawling on the floor this morning, so I asked him what he was doing. He told me that he was "getting a different perspective." He was looking for his juice cup, and couldn't find it standing up!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks just like me eating a chocolate chip cookie.

~nanashouse~ said...

The recipe is yummy (I've tried it) The cookie face is adorable (I've kissed it) The story about Jared is precious!!

emyann said...

Jared is so smart. Skip him to 4th grade! give him a kiss for me!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers