7.28.2007

Fire on the Mountain




There was a fire across the road from our driveway this afternoon. The kids loved watching the 3 helicopters and the 3 air tankers fly overhead. Caleb especially liked the helicopter with the yellow bucket. The smell of smoke fills our house tonight, and we can still see bits of orange glow scattered along the hillside. This was a good one, Phil! You would have loved to see the kids out there taking pictures, eating popsicles and waving to the helicopters.

5 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Now THIS is a lemonade stand opportunity kids!

Basking in the Son said...

I'm glad they got it put out quickly. Remember the one in'96 when the crews camped out in the field?

emyann said...

I love your children! Lily is so cute pointing!

jenny said...

Michele,
Corinne and I were just talking about that last night! Phil and Corinne had just arrived home from Indonesia. Was it the national guard that had to clear out so you could have your reception here?

Basking in the Son said...

I don't remember which military branch it was, but it seems like there were about 800 of them there and we couldn't use the main driveway. We also had to cover our wedding cake, so that it didn't get covered in ash.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers